Simulate the on-line ticket purchasing process, and then see actual reports on your own activity before you commit to the service.
Take a Test Drive
We'll put in your performances and pricing, but credit card charging is simulated. Then you can sample the whole process.
New reports and a reorganized dashboard to find them
Seat Yourself has just released five new reports. The old legacy reports will remain available while you give us feedback about what is missing from the new reports. Both the new reports and the legacy reports are accessible via links from the Dashboard, which has itself undergone a reorganization.
The new reports have a variety of advantages over the old one, including:
- Information is available going back 18 months, uniformly across all reports.
- Links to further details and other presentations of the data are embedded in the reports.
- The display format adapts to all three device types used by our customers (computer, tablet, smartphone).
- The reports run on separate servers from the webstores, and are not affected by high sales traffic during peak volume periods.
The dashboard has been reorganized to suit devices other than a computer screen, and in particular, iPads and Android tablets.
- The presentation is more compact, and reports now have internal links bothj to the other reports, and to the same report on different events.
- A calendar has been added to give another means of accessing the reservations report without having to pour through what can be a long list of performances.
- Tooltips (signaled via a dotted line under text) provide other information on demand without taking up permanent column width.
Click here for full information on the new dashboard.
New tools for managing at-the-door sales
Seat Yourself has just released three new features to help you manage at-the-door sales:
- Credit card swiper support for door sales
- New Seat Chart display (on-screen and printed)
- Link on reserved seating receipts to seat locations in seat chart display
and a 4th one to help set up new productions, especially for accounts with multiple seat charts and/or venues:
- List of venues and seat charts used in the last year
Click here for details about all of these.
Access Codes for Restricted Sales
Managers can set an access code so that only shoppers who have the code can buy tickets. Shoppers are intercepted and sent to a landing page with room for custom text. If the correct code is input, the shopper is allowed to proceed to the regular shopping pages.
A common use of these access codes is to let cast members buy tickets before opening general online sales.
Seat Yourself Receives EdTA Standing Ovation Award for 2013
Seat Yourself was presented with the Educational Theatre Association’s Standing Ovation Award for 2013 at the EdTA Annual Conference in Minneapolis in September, 2013. Excerpts from the notification letter EdTA sent us are below.
When we developed the relationship between our two organizations, we felt that Seat Yourself’s online ticket sales platform would be a simple and easy way for our members to begin selling tickets online without major investment of time or money.
Our relationship has also yielded royalty payments that have funded the scholarships that we use to help fund students’ education after high school.
Dashboard Accesses Both Legacy and New Manager Functions
The Seat Yourself Dashboard will soon be the landing page account managers get to after logging in, replacing the old Account Home tab. The Dashboard has links to the legacy manager pages, which must still be used for most management work, and also gives access to new features as they are released.
As the new features perform more and more of the functions of the legacy manager tools, hybrid access provided by the dashboard will allow our customers to choose their own pace of conversion to the new system, and to give us feedback about the new tools while they still have access to the old ones.
Social Media Links on Processed Orders
Seat Yourself now offers an easy way for purchasers to notify their friends and followers about their reservations. The icons at the upper right of the order let purchasers share information about reservations with facebook friends, google+ circles, twitter followers, and others.
Information shared includes a link to the page that shows at the upper right of your webstore, which you set via the Webstore Settings tab. Including this link makes it easy for friends of the purchasers to join them at the event.
No information whatsoever is shared about the purchase unless the purchaser gives specific permission.
New GateKeeper Feature for QR code Scanning
The feature lets ushers scan the QR codes printed on receipts, to verify that the order is for the right performance and has not yet been scanned.
GateKeeper is available for iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones and tablets, using any one of a number of free or inexpensive QR code scanning applications.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like more information about GateKeeper. As is our general approach, both new and existing customers can to test it in dry runs, well away from the actual door on the date of your event.