How to Exchange Seats for an Existing Reservation using the Seat Manager (for Reserved Seating only)
You can swap seats from a reservation with vacant seats in the same or a different performance. It doesn't have to be the whole reservation, but the number of new seats has to be the same as the number of seats being released. And the new seats coming into the reservation have to be allocated to the box office before you can make the swap.
Here's how use the seat manager to do that:
Briefly, you're going to select the seats you want to take out of the reservation and mark them. Then you're going to select the (box office allocated) vacant seats you want to swap them with. And then you're going to pull the trigger. Here's the step-by-step:
- Make sure the seats you want to move into the reservation are allocated to the box office.
- Select the seats you want to take out of the reservation.
- Click on the red Mark for swap link at the right of the seat chart. The marked seats will turn red, and the other seats in that reservation will turn pink. (If you realize you want to mark more of that reservation, select the pink seats, re-select the red seats, then click on Clear marked seats and follow that by clicking on Mark for swap.)
- If you're swapping with a different performance, select the desired performance in the calendar. Otherwise, if you're just moving the reservation to different seats in the same performance, go on to the next step.
- Select the seats you want to put into the reservation (must be the same number of seats you've marked for removal). If the seats you want haven't already been allocated to the box office, you can do that now.
- Click on the pink Swap marked for selected link at right.
- If you get cold feet at any point along the way, look for the green Clear marked seats link at right.
- Find your email copy of the original receipt. Find the red link at the bottom whose caption starts with Your order might have changed since the receipt was sent. Verify that the link points to the updated version of the order. Then copy and paste it into an email confirmation you send to your purchaser.
Here are the 4 things the current version doesn't do:
- The purchaser doesn't get any automatic notification of the swap. See the last point in the list above for how to send a notification.
- You can swap reservations between different performances of the same production, but not if the pricing is different for the 2 performances -- you have to email us to do that for you.
- You can swap reservations between different performances of the same production, but you can't swap between productions -- you have to email us to do that for you.
- We don't pay attention to price differences between the old and new seats -- the accounting is something you have to handle outside the system, for now.