Changing Ticket Prices
To manage ticket prices, click on the Ticket Prices link in the Management panel of the Dashboard.The Ticket Prices tab allows you to set the pricing for an entire production, and also to set different prices for specific performances.
- Use the Select production drop-down at top to choose the production whose settings you want to modify.
- Then use the Select performance drop-down just below it to have changes apply as the default for all performances in the production, or select a specific performance to change only its settings.
- After you've changed one or more of these values, click on the Submit button to have the changes take effect, or click on the Reset button to cancel the changes.
Prices are presented in tabular form for editing, with the seat types arrayed across the top and the ticket types listed down the leftmost column.
After you've changed one or more of these values, click on the Submit button to have the changes take effect, or click on the Reset button to cancel the changes.
- Balcony, Orchestra, General Admission, and Reserved are examples of seat types.
- Adult, Child, and Comp are examples of ticket types.
- Ticket prices named Comp (case sensitive) or which begin with the word Office (also case sensitive) will be invisible to online purchasers, i.e., available only in the box office For these ticket types, the word Admin will appear in the Limitation column at right. For Comp pricing, a zero must be put into each field in that row. Office must be followed by at least one other word (e.g., Office at door).
- Ticket types whose price is $0.00 can not be made available online.
- Renaming or deleting ticket types will not change the pricing of existing reservations.